I just graduated this year, does that change my taxes?


In terms of your personal tax returns; you are now eligible to start claiming back the tuition you have paid as a student. As well, depending on your situation, there may be different tax savings opportunities that you encounter.





A couple things to consider as a new graduate:

  1. Student Loan interest

Any interest you pay on your student loans, you can include as a credit on your tax return


  1. Manitoba Tuition Fee Rebate

Although the most significant portion of this credit has been discontinued going forward, you can still receive up to $500 back from the provincial government for 2018.


  1. Tuition Transfer

If you have a spouse or common-law partner, you are able to transfer your unused tuition claim to their return.


Call us to book your appointment at (204) 269-7460

Scroll to Top